I think the evacuation in buildings is important. The reason is simple: to save lives safely. To be able to evacuate safely, the necessary emergency response exercises buildings (often called evacuation drills). Exercise is always conditioned approaching an actual emergency.
To promote calmness while performing the evacuation process at the time of the actual incident, such as earthquakes, or fires. In addition, we are becoming more concerned and aware of the importance of workplace conditions, and about the workplace and safe working behavior, which allows us to work safely (safely) and comfortable.
Here I share evacuations in buildings based on the type of the emergency, and little tips evacuation is no less important. Earthquake kit this method is used when the practical evacuation drills, and includes best practices, especially those working in the oil and gas industry and has offices in high rise building. The source of the evacuation procedure storey building that has been developed and a safety briefing.
HOW TO STORY BUILDING EVACUATION IN
AN EMERGENCY: FIRE. Characterized by an alarm sound, and the announcement of the building on fire emergencies. Were conducted:
1. STAY CALM. The more we are quiet, the more we can think and respond. Following the emergency response exercises at each workplace or in public facilities (or even at home), can make us more calm and know what to do.
2. IF TRAINED QUENCH API. When you see a fire, immediately notify the nearest people around you. And if you are trained to use a fire extinguisher (APAR), then go for the nearest fire extinguisher and extinguish the fire. Ask other people closest to you to contact the security officer or emergency response personnel when you put out the fire.
If not trained, immediately notify the nearest people around you and keep away from sources of ignition. The nearest person (trained), security officer or emergency response personnel will extinguish the fire.
3. Assemble at LIFT FLOOR LOBBY AREA, and stay calm.
4. DO NOT USE THE ELEVATOR. Although assembled in the lift lobby area, you are NOT using the elevator. Risk behaviors when they use the elevator when a fire, an earthquake, or when the building has not been declared safe to use the elevator! In the building that follows the safety standards of buildings, elevator people are not operated at the time of an emergency. -because freight elevator designation for goods has a stronger technical design.
When a state of emergency, only used to evacuate those who experience health problems, accompanied by officers evacuate the building and the floor. The use of the freight elevator is under the full control of the emergency response team building.
5. FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS FOR EMERGENCY RESPONSE PERSONNEL. Well, you’re lucky if during an emergency, there is a floor emergency response personnel who guide you. Generally, they vest in red, green, or colored band-aid on her arm. It is easy to be recognized and asked for help. Officers will not allow us to leave the ranks in the elevator lobby until the instruction was given. At that time, his commanding officer and await instructions from building -were evacuated or remain in place.
6. EMERGENCY EVACUATION THROUGH STAIRS. Pattern big room row following the emergency stairs, there is a line up 2-2, there were quite a line. Just follow the instructions of emergency response commander (floor warden). Workers / female guests in the front row, followed by male workers. In the front row, there are firemen fire (fire warden / fire suppressor) and health workers (first aider). In the back row, there is also the officers, plus the commander officer. During the march, REMAIN CALM.
7. Orderly WALK, DO NOT RUN. When down the emergency stairs, walk down the emergency stairs in an orderly, quick, but do not run. The behavior you are in a hurry, shouting, and following the person in front of you, it can make people panic. That can happen is to create a mass crowd moving very fast, competing down the emergency stairs, pushing each other, and there are fallen, limp, and trampled. Recorded casualties are mostly from victims of the emergency stairs trampled and limp. Therefore, KEEP IN SEQUENCE AND FOLLOW EMERGENCY RESPONSE PERSONNEL.
8. RUNNING TOWARDS Muster POINT (gathering place). Just follow the people walking in front of you. and emergency response personnel. Stay in line.
9. DECLARE YOURSELF AT THE TIME COUNTING PEOPLE (HEAD COUNT). Officers will roll the names of those who fell with him. The point is to make sure there are no people left in the building.
10.TETAP IN POINT. At the muster point, emergency response personnel awaiting instructions from the clerk whether the building has a safe building or is still dangerous to enter. If declared safe, the officer will invite you to go back into the building.